So here is my plan for improving the economy by winning the lottery:
- First, I would start a foundation working to improve the lives of orphans throughout the world. This would be a full time job, so I would have to leave my current position to work from home. This would mean that at least one new person would have a job to replace me. I think I would probably also need to hire several other wonderful mamas to help me run my foundation. And of course, Brian, so lots of new jobs are being created.
- One of the things my foundation would do would be to create a sewing co-op for unemployed or underemployed women in Congo. More Love Mama goes global!!!
- Another project would be to create a special home/orphanage/hospital for HIV positive kids in Congo. Kristie Craig, you're in charge of this project. You'll need to hire a few people, too!
- Because I am working from home I would need a little more room. So we would probably need to build a slightly larger house (we are about to explode out of our kitchen/eating area). We would need to build because I don't really want more bedrooms, just larger rooms. I still want my kids to grow up sharing rooms. Its a philosophical thing. So we would be employing a construction crew, etc to build the new house.
- We could then give our old house away to a family that really needs a step up, sort of like a Habitat for Humanity house. So some other family would have more spending power because they wouldn't have a house payment.
- Our larger house is on a slightly larger piece of land. I would like to raise a few chickens. Maybe a goat or two. This would improve US agriculture growth, right?
- I think we would probably adopt one more child, from China (because if we win the lottery, we will definitely qualify to adopt). That would mean a lot of money to the US government, a little money to China, and a pretty healthy chunk to the airline industry.
- We'll probably need a slightly bigger van. So a large amount will go to the auto industry. We can then give our van to another family that needs the space and help their economy.