We had no idea she would so remarkably change the course of our lives. Oh how I love this little angel.
Last week Grace turned 7 years old. Oh my goodness, that is so old! How does this happen? I blink my eyes and another year has passed.
Grace has had an amazing year. She has turned into (in my humble opinion, of course) a really charming, funny, witty, creative human being this year. Some of the fears and struggles she's had in the past are starting to fade. She loves to laugh and play, especially with her very dearest friend, Haven. She loves to make things and be artistic. She loves to be outside, digging and exploring. She LOVES her dogs and loves when we call her "the Dog Whisperer". But she really is. According to Grace:
- Her favorite color is rainbows.
- Her favorite food is ribs.
- Her favorite movie is Frozen.
- Her favorite thing to do is play with her brother.
- Her favorite toys are her dolls.
- Her favorite holiday is Christmas.
- When she grows up she is going to be an artist (last year it was a doctor, so I'm a little sad about this new development).
Grace had a small birthday party at her favorite park. She designed the cake herself. I want to thank all of you that came and made it special. And I want to apologize that no thank you notes have arrived from Grace yet. About 10 minutes after her party ended she came down with a stomach bug that had her laid out on the couch for over week. We're all just starting to recover. So thank you so much. Her birthday was wonderful! I can't wait to see what this year has in store for her.