I can't believe we got them both in same picture!
Grace's new elephant--the best gift ever from Aunt Cathy and Uncle Craig!
I am thankful for so many things this year. Most importantly, of course, my two little angels. I could have never imagined how they would change my life and bring me such joy and contentment. I ran into some dear friends at the theatre festival last weekend. We call them "The Wendy's". I've known them for years. They are great teachers and super moms. They have known me as both a child free person and now as a mom. We sat in a hallway together, gushing over pictures of Grace and Haven (those are the best kind of friends, the ones that think your kids are as cute as you do) and getting all weepy about how great it is to be a mommy. How it totally changes your outlook on life and work. Other things I am thankful for this year:
- my super fantastic husband
- great family and friends
- my wonderful co-director, Amy
- clean water and indoor plumbing
- heat when I'm cold and A/C when I'm hot
- the internet that connects me to all of you on in blogland
- Jilma and Our Family Adoptions for helping us bring home Haven and so many other beautiful babies from DRC
- Being someone who doesn't have to worry about where my next meal will come from or speaking my mind or living in fear of war or disease
For all these things and many more I am thankful!