Well, I've stopped planning and just started living from one miracle to the next! Forget long term plans, even the short term ones have just flown out the window.
- We hadn't planned to have any kids at all--and then we got Grace instead.
- We asked for twins when we started Grace's adoption--but we only got one girl (which was clearly all we could handle) instead.
- We didn't want Grace to be an only child so we went in search of a sister for her--and we got her brother Haven instead.
- We thought we had enough love and enough room for 2 more so we asked for another boy and girl--and we got 2 perfect baby boys instead.
- We felt we had room for just one more, so we decided to finally bring home that sister for Grace, sometime in the future, maybe in a year or so, when we had more time/money/energy--but before we had even taken a breath we immediately got a referral for a beautiful baby girl instead.
Yes, you read that right. We have been blessed with TWO more miracles. We will have a total of SIX amazing children in our home.
Our newest change of plans are twin girls just under one year old. They are not identical but very close. They look a bit like Manny, with eyes the size of saucers, like Haven, and some crazy hair, like JoJo. But I have a feeling they will be all princess just like Grace. We can't share a lot of details about our babies or the adoption process until they are safely home in our arms. For now we will just call them Baby K and Baby L and as much as I would like to share their beautiful pictures with the whole world, we have to keep those close to our hearts as well. So how about these cutie pies as a substitute.
If all goes according to "plan" the twins will be home sometime in early spring. Be sure to check out the Fundraising tab at the top of this page. We will be having a huge garage sale, raffling some goodies, selling super cool t-shirts and handmade items, and lots lots lots more. It will definitely take the whole village to get these girls home. But it will be worth it!
And NO, we're not CRAZY. OK, maybe a little crazy.........crazy in love with all these miracles.